Monday, September 23, 2013

Been busy

Life has been busy. Like crazy busy. Every single night of September has been somethin. Some good, some bad, some fundamental, some sad, some amazing, some crummy. September has just been life. And we've all just been coasting along.

Meanwhile, my babies, they are just growing up.


Hudson today at church made me cry. He did something so specific, so ... like me... that it made me realize how much he is changing. He is a little person with his own thoughts, needs, and agenda. And, goodness knows, I BETTER be listening.

Friday morning, our one SWEET morning a week where we don't have to rush off to a task, I was able to let him sleep in. The kids is exhausted from school. And so he slept. And slept. Until 9:30 he was zonked out (and still not very perky or alert after that!) But it gave me the opportunity to go and photograph him sleeping.
I have not been able to do that for ages. And there he was: silent and sleeping-- my favorite combo!--wearing Josh's Bears t-shirt and, of course, taking up my entire pillow. I wonder if I will always remember how he says,
"it is my turn to talk now"
"my mama is so bossy"
"180 10" (this is the highest number he "knows")
"but I didn't DOOOOO it"
"tell me about the next day"
"do you want to smell my teeth?"
"I don't know why Tucker is crying"
"are you kidding me? this stuff tastes like it has been mixed with vinegar oil" (to potato soup)
"actually..."

He is just so bright and it blows my mind how a little person so sweet and so thoughtful can be such a stinker sometimes. How I can absolutely want to whip him one minute and cuddle him the next. How can I love the age he is right this minute and yet mourn the fact that he is nearly too heavy to carry and too big to rock.

I don't want to be too busy. But life is. I've just got to keep it all in check. 

No comments:

Post a Comment