Friday, November 29, 2013

Thankful Thursday

It's been busy days around these parts. You think that when you wipe two weeks off your calendar of all major things to do, you will find time to do some of the things that have been sitting on your to do list for forever: clean that one packed closet, check credit reports, file papers, and ... yeah... nothing like that got done. Hudson had surgery and his recooperation was focused on popsicles, boardgames, and cuddle time.

I have penned a recap in my brain which I will blog about because I am very confident that we will be down the surgery road again soon with Mr. T. All the signs are there, but I am happy to wait for awhile before we do that again!

On this lovely Thursday, Thanksgiving 2013, I am so grateful for the things God has given me, the things he has taken away from me, and the path that brought me to this moment. this computer. this house. these people.

I had lunch with a high school friend this week and the conversation naturally went to the "can-you-believe-it-we-are-middle-aged" point. I will honestly admit that considering I had a whole life (singledom, career, property, etc) before I had This Life (marriage, motherhood, business ownership, etc) that sometimes I find myself doing a double take. I will be in the middle of what is a seemingly "normal activity" and somehow be shocked at my presence in it. I have two (okay, three) boys depending on me ...what feels like everything... and I am not always sure how I got here.



But, I am always glad that I did get here.

If I can instill anything in my children it will be to take it all in and be grateful. Life is too short to have regrets, sorrows, and stress.


No comments:

Post a Comment