Thursday, December 5, 2013

InstaVacation


So Josh bid on a week at the French Lick Villas as part of a United Way fundraiser earlier this year. We got a nice condo for a very nice price, but were unable to stay there very long due to the lack of vacation days Josh had left to give. Also, the past couple weeks have been super-crazy-busy with work for me as well. So, we packed up the kids on Saturday and ran down for 48 hours of fun.


I do believe we might have been the only tourists in all of Orange County who were not taking their children on one of the very famous Polar Express train rides. I admit I felt pretty crummy walking around the trains Saturday night with all the kids in their pajamas ready for their (expensive) adventure. However, these trips book up MONTHS ahead, and so it was not on our agenda. And, honestly, Hudson and Tucker were clueless they were missing out. They liked looking at the trains. Maybe next year.

Our condo was very basic but it had three cool features for the kids: 1. it was not home 2. it had a tub built for five and 3. it had a sauna.


The hotels are so pretty this time of year. They all had gorgeous Christmas displays with lights and greenery and trees everywhere. We had two nice days of weather too, so we were able to walk around without freezing.


I love patriotic Christmas displays. I don't know why.
 While we were there, Josh thought it would be fun for Hudson to ride some go karts for little kids. He had fun, but they were pretty boring. His Jeep goes around our yard faster.

I guess I thought it would be fun to teach the kids some bad manners. Goodness sakes, I love them so!

No comments:

Post a Comment