Thursday, January 30, 2014

State of the Union

Just when you thought you had heard the last of me…

Holy shamole. Where did the last month go?!? I officially believe I have lost a month of my life. Not really lost, but it was definitely a snowy, freezing weather-induced sort of craziness. Even now, with it warming to a balmy 11 degrees outside, I am starting to feel the funk lift.

I have so many things to talk about, I really don't know where to start. I will attempt to give you a little state of our union here in the midwest.

Hudson is now 5 going on 15. Yes, a lot of changes have happened with him over the past month. After too many days of being trapped in our home due to the polar vortex, he has morphed into a sassy talking, rambunctous little man. He regularly ticks off his brother only to lay on a syrupy-sweet apology seconds later. 
He has went to school a whopping 5 times this month. And yes, I am annoyed about that. Every two hour delay suddenly breaks my hopes and dreams of getting anything done around here.










In my month's hiatus from blogging, Tucker's eyes decided to change to a different color. They are a wonderful grey and he uses them to his advantage. He talks so much more each day and has joined in our game of calling out "Slug Bug" Volkswagons as we see them on the streets. Of course, to him most everything is a VW, so I enjoy the chorus of "Slogh bough, Mama" followed by his helpful older brother's "No, it isn't!" repetitively from the backseat.
Tucker has started his OT and Speech therapy. Both of which he is doing very well with. I doubt he will qualify for services after the next time he is tested. Our mornings are very full with these visits and working on our new skills.






The big guy has accomplished a TON in the past month. Our kitchen is….drumroll…done. And when you say, CONGRATULATIONS to Josh, he will just roll his eyes and tell you all the things that he is going to do next. I am so happy and blessed with the coolest kitchen in all of Indiana. Josh did a gorgeous job on the cabinets and I have so many little extras that I will have to create a "how to" for the next homeowner. And that would be the person who moves in after they remove my dead body from this place, because I am living here forever!
Josh enjoyed a nice stint of vacation days around the holidays. We all got spoiled by having him home.







I guess that leaves me. I desperately wanted Botox for my 39th birthday, but my husband said no. So my deep wrinkles will just have to be repaired with OTC lotions. I wear rhinestones now when I go to WalMart because I think it makes me look cool. I want a refund on my preschool payment for January to pay for my mid-day cocktails. (Just kidding. Sorta.) I am still serving on multiple committees with church and, oh yeah, I have opened my own studio!
I don't know what to say other then Heather Harris Photography really deserves a blog of it's own because it has had a tremendous month!


And that is the skinny here. Last Friday night we created an updated version of a Norman Rockwell-like take on our life. Perfected with the little "photobomb" from Mister T.





No comments:

Post a Comment