"How about" is a phrase Hudson utilizes about 700 times a day. It precedes him altering the agenda I have established for something more to his liking.
"How about I go watch a show NOW and then we have quiet time."
"How about you go get my blanket and I will wait here for you."
"How about I get six cookies because I am hungry."
"How about you give me a sucker because that lady did not offer me one."
You notice these are not questions. They are demands. It is a little exhausting.
Tucker has an ear infection. That is a little exhausting.
I have to get our taxes done by Friday, edit a couple chapters in my current book job, clean this house, pay the bills, and cull through two sessions from last weekend. That is a little exhausting.
Recently, I figured out something about myself. When I get really stressed and overwhelmed, my first reaction is not to take steps to correct or alleviate the situation. It is to do something creative. I have these elaborate designs or ideas for my business or my home or my life in my head all the time. And when my back is against the wall, it is like I have to get one of those out first. I met another creative brain girlfriend like myself recently and she completely understood my brain process. I am not offended if you don't.
However, this is useful to know and probably explains that with all this stuff I have to do, my first reaction was "How about I blog" instead of doing something actually useful.
How about I am more like my son than I realize?

No comments:
Post a Comment