Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Thoroughly receptive to love





On February 8th my baby sister was married. The two cutest boys in the land were her ring security officers. Dressed in little suits with sunglasses, a safe, and appropriate in-ear "bluetooth" pieces, they walked down the aisle and stole the show. (Well, the bride was pretty amazing herself!)

I was extremely nervous about how they (specifically, the little one) would fare walking down the aisle essentially on their own. Since I was already down front and Josh was too (he was an usher) it was nerve-wracking. But it was so awesome.

Now, if you ask Hudson what was awesome, he will tell you about a little lady all dressed in red tulle. This was the niece of the groom and forever known as Hudson's new lady. After just one walk down the aisle during rehearsal, this pair were immediately drawn to one another. They did some small chit chat at the rehearsal dinner and by the time we got back to the hotel, all we heard about was his scheduled playdate later that night in her room!!!


Her name is Taylor, she is 4, and even though we had ever intention of sending Little Man back to the hotel after the ceremony to go to bed, he and his new friend danced the night away until 10 p.m.



By the end of the night they were sharing a Sprite out of a glass with two straws and breaking their mother's hearts. I can NOT wait to see more pictures from the wedding photographer. I know these moments were caught because the two of them had their own "new love" paparazzi following them all over the venue.

2 comments:

  1. 1) You looked gorgeous! (as did the bride, of course) and 2) that is unacceptable behavior from Hudson. I am not ready to deal with my own little girl in a ball of tears on her bed when she finds out she's been replaced. I know, I know, it's our fault for moving her 1,000 miles away... but long distance love can work, can't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post!! The boys were amazing and obviously adorable. I hope Hudson will forever have those fond memories of our wedding. I just loved all of Hudson's dance moves (aka tricks) on the dancefloor. You captured some incredible moments, and I am excited to see what all the photographers captured as well! Love you, Sister!

    ReplyDelete