There is a very specific dynamic between two boys-- especially two brothers. They play so much differently than boy-girl or girl-girl pairs. Hudson is not even the same kid with the neighborhood girls as he is with his brother. One minute they are best buds and the other 59 minutes (of every. single. hour.) they are just trying to figure out how to protect their space, body block their possessions, and grumpily address one the other.
It makes me very tired.
I look at these two pictures taken one immediately after the other and laugh to see how they perfectly encapsulate how they are with each other. Tucker almost has a look of adoration towards his "baby" in the first one. And then, literally seconds later, they are ready to spar with one another.
No sense of trying to figure it all out. Instead I will focus on learning how far to let them go before I pry them apart, how much screaming I can take, and mostly how not to go freaking crazy until the day when one of them decides they are ready to go out into the big world independent of the other.


This is my life.
ReplyDelete