Saturday, June 7, 2014

Theme Weeks

When you are getting ready to move 7300 miles from home to a country not known for its hygienic and/or Western style medical practices, you go to the doctor. And since there are doctors for about every inch of our bodies, this can take a lot of time.

This family spent all week at the doctor's office.

Or, to read that more correctly, this family spent all week in H-E-double hockey sticks.

The waiting. The stupid chit chat. Oh and the tears! Tucker was absolutely NOT interested in visiting a single other waiting room or person in scrubs by yesterday's dentist appointment. He articulated this clearly with screaming, writhing, and yelling for our entire stay.

Big brother received three shots the day before, so he was pretty sure the dentist was going to juice him up too.

But, alas, the week of "MEDICAL" is completed. The kids are all done with shots and visits and checkups. All of the medications, including prescriptions for the worst case scenarios of infections and dysentery have been purchased. Even I received my typhoid fever and hepatitis shots. It was a real sweet time. Let me tell you.

Next week the theme is WORK. As in I will finish up remaining sessions and pack up all equipment that is not going with us to China for proper storage while we are away.

The week after that is CANCEL IT week. I am almost giddy thinking about Josh telling Commi-cast to kiss our behinds as we walk away from sub-standard service that we sometimes accept because of the ease of not dealing with the change. China is change. And with it, we get to re-evaluate every single aspect of our lives and determine how we want to approach them when we return to the United States.

I think I will suggest "Daddy chaperones all dentist visits from now until puberty" to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment