Thursday, March 14, 2013

Mechanic Woes

I am aware I named my baby boy after a car. I don't think I was prepared for where our conversations would take us in four short years. We are having a serious problem with listening lately and so I have started referring to his listening switch. Most days we have to turn it on. He seems to like this and this was us this morning...


Me: "Where is your listening button today? We need to turn it ON."

Hudson: (Giggling) "It is broken."

"What?!"

"I over heated and my two fans broke and then the wind came and broke my button. The switch is right in here (pointing to his belly). It will take three days to fix it."

(I am pretty sure my jaw was on the floor by this point. For Hudson to get that thought out took five minutes.)

"Hmmm, well, I think I will take you to the junkyard by then. You tell your mechanic to fix your listening button NOW."

"Okay, he says maybe two days."

(Shaking my head.)


"Or maybe one. Can he have some M&Ms?"

2 comments: