Whew! Another school year is in the books. This week officially starts our Summer 2013. Bring on the craziness. As the year closed I revisited my angst regarding Hudson starting kindergarden next year. I have absolutely NO reason to want him to start school other than selfishly wanting more time to do my own business. When people ask you if your child is going to start kindergarten they also dip their head in such a way that I feel like they are asking if he has some communicable disease.
Me: "We just finished a year of preschool."
Them: "Is he going to going to start (pregnant pause as they sheepishly and sadly look to the ground) kindergarten in the fall?"
I think this is society's way of confirming that I do not need him to go to full time school come August 7. That or I read a lot into body language, so beware! :)
For the record, here is the reason you, my eldest, are not starting kindergarten in the fall: You do not make the state cutoff. End of story. Here are five other reasons: I think a full day of school would kick you in the butt; I firmly believe I want you to not be the littlest through middle school; I would rather you be the driver than the passenger come age 16; Everyone says boys should wait; And, most importantly, I will miss you! Okay, well, the last reason is true and always will be. Can't I just invoke a "because I said so" here?
![]() |
| Tucker waving to the fish. |
Enough of all that! Our first item of business was renewing our zoo passes and taking a day to enjoy each other. So, enough chitchat, here are my images:
![]() |
| Still thinking this looks like this is a good idea. |
![]() |
| For mom. |
![]() |
| Naturally T's favorite thing was something we have in our town! |
![]() |
| I've thought of creating a book called, "Curls" and it would be full of images of all the places I have taken Tucker. |
And in case you needed more evidence that nature is amazing:










No comments:
Post a Comment