Sunday, June 30, 2013

Boo to June

 Boo to you, June. You stunk. I can not wait to see you go.

Well, today is the last day of June. And I think the good news is I survived. I survived my own work overload for a planned LASIK surgery that never will be and new realities of our life to come.

First to acknowledge the really upsetting...Hudson's dear buddy, lady friend since the young age of six months, Kaelyn is moving away. Her family is being relocated to New Hampshire, which I think is somewhere near southeast Asia. Much to Tucker's chagrin, her baby brother and HIS new buddy, Brennan, will be going with her. And much to my deep distress, I am losing close proximity to a very sweet friend Sarah who has rode this motherhood roller coaster with me since, what feels like, the beginning.
"Izzy", "Jake", "Cubby", and "Scully"

I know KK has been focused on this blog quite frequently as she has been such a big part of Hudson's life. She has attended every birthday party, cheered at his soccer games, and hung out at minimum weekly for over four years. Hudson does not really understand what is happening, but has suggested some weekend trades instead of our current 4 hour "swap sessions" each week. He also laughed at me when I told him it would be a airplane ride to see her.  
Swap sessions have been a ton of fun this June. Sarah and I swap babysitting of the kids each Tuesday and Thursday morning. While at my house, we have fallen into a routine of "treasure hunts" where the kids play the roles of Jake and the Neverland pirates. I create these elaborate maps with hidden clues (using pictures or sight words) and the kids enjoy "Yo Ho Ho"ing their way around the house to find their bounty. 
Just as evidence that kids KNOW when things are emotional; the crew of four have been extremely loving this summer. Every departure and greeting requires multiple hugs and "I just love you"s. It is enough to make me lose it every time! 
I don't think I can write anymore about this right now. 

Birthday dinner with Poppa Eddie
For the past month I have been wearing my glasses in preparation for LASIK surgery (which was to happen on June 28). Three days before surgery I found out that, in some rare form of God's twisted irony, my corneas are too thin for safe surgery and I would have to have another surgery. It is totally doable, but not for someone who uses their eyes for their job. Having things "cloudy" or "fuzzy" for three weeks would not bode well for my workload this summer. Nevermind that I would need to be in sunglasses through the season. I don't think I can photograph well like that. Alas, I will just save those pennies to make some other more ample portion of my body thin at a later time...

Anyway, tomorrow is a new day. And a new month. I anticipate things will only perk up in July!
The kitchen is almost done!!! 5 year project might just finish this year!
Tucker will be 2!!! Goodbye, whole milk jugs!
We are celebrating our anniversary!! Nine years, say whaaaa?
County fair! County fair! Meat on a stick! Meat on a stick!
Girls trip to Florida! This Mama is going to sleep for 24 hours straight!
IndyCar race trip! Which Brazilian driver will need family photographs?!?!
Our garden is rocking! Whoop!!!
What else? I can only imagine!


1 comment: