Tucker should pen a book about being adorable because no one knows it better. His personality and appearance seemingly qualify complete strangers to stop us in stores and public places for commentary. Tucker recently had his 30 month check up and he is just 9 inches shorter than Hudson (35 inches tall) and weighs almost 30 pounds. He feels light as a feather to me. His hair is still in full curls and reminds me so much of my own wacky tresses.
Tucker talks now all the time. Admittedly it still takes a dedicated ear to understand what he is saying, but the kid. is. talking. I genuinely had very serious fears about Tucker's lack of talking. That has proven to be just another example of a mother's worrying over needless things. In recent weeks he has joined in on our game of identifying "slug bug" cars out on our drives and starts about 20 "knock, knock" jokes a day, not knowing what to say you say "who is there?"
He has been in speech therapy for 6 weeks, and we have just one more session. I believe that he is not gaining much from the experience. However, his OT therapy (also weekly) has greatly improved some of his difficulty with transitions. It must be hard to be the littlest, always getting redirected and told what is happening next. However, we definitely have some issues which we are working through.
He just loves books. Like his brother, he does not lack the ability to tell you whether you have picked THE book that he wanted to read, but once you have found something of his interest, he will sit on "LAP" forever wanting "MORE MORE MORE".
No biography of Tucker would be complete without clearly explaining how much the boy loves his Cars. And I capitalize Cars on purpose. He does not just like regular HotWheels or Matchbox cars; he wants those from the Cars movie. He is completely obsessed. I bet he walks 40 miles a week just around our coffee table creating races.
"My turn" is his favorite thing to say. And he is not the most patient little turn-taker. As someone who is still a rather unsteady walker, he also says, "I'm OKAY!!!" when he falls in the snow.
Following last weekend's wedding, we "lost" paci. It has been a hard transition and he has asked for it every night. Then he explains how "Mama lost" it and I am sure that will bite me as he grows older.
Even though Tucker has difficulty going from one activity to the next, he still has such an ease about him that I love. He loves his schedule of daily 3 hour naps, watching "shows" and figuring out ways to incorporate more Goldfish crackers into his diet.


Love him!
ReplyDeleteI feel joy when I read your entry and viewed these awesome pictures! Thank you!
ReplyDelete