On Saturday the only thing he ate was a piece of string cheese and Sun Chips and a slice of bacon. This was his intake all day. Despite 3 squares in front of him, that is all he wanted.
Tucker's appetite does tend to perk up when unhealthy foods are around. So, it is my job as his mother, who does not want him to die of scurvy, to constantly present him with healthy choices in hopes that near the brink of starvation he will cave.
Honestly though, the kid does love fruit. But I am so bad about buying the right quantity of it. We either have way too much or not near enough. It either ends up molding in the fridge or reproducing itself into greater quantities while we sleep. However, the other night he started eating some watermelon and so I kept cutting it up. He ate about 3 pounds, but small victories, right?!
The one food he does love is pizza. He can eat a whole Pizza King small pizza himself. However, so can I, so I try not to have one of those around.
This came across my newsfeed the other day. It made me laugh because the red portion is totally Hudson.
He become irrationally ravenous each day the minute I walk into the kitchen to start dinner. Hudson loves to eat. He has 3 foods that he will not touch (mushrooms, olives, and tomatoes) but all else is gravy. Interestingly (or should I say "actually") he has only the ability to eat a specific quantity of a certain food. Mid-meal he will be stuffed of the chicken, but still has room in his "ice cream compartment". And the kid is a totally candy hound. Sugar anything is his best friend. Quite literally, six seconds after any meal, after he has told you he is totally stuffed, after he has shown you his protruding belly, he wants a piece of candy.
So, I will continue to think about Green Eggs and Ham at every meal where one kid pushes away his plate and the other chows down.


No comments:
Post a Comment