![]() |
| In a city of 9 million, these are the only two I really have talked with. |
Hudson and Tucker are struggling with the transition as much as anyone. They are not very "friendly" with each other. Most of their interaction involves hitting each other, racing, or trying to steal the other's toys.
On our walk yesterday, we went to the teeny convenience store between the buildings. They have cold drinks and those soft drinks you see above are a part of our daily normal. They cost 3 RMB (50 cents) and are totally worth it. Frequently outside stores you will find animals in cages. For example, the restaurant on the corner has a pet chicken which they feed rice. (I'm scared of the day when he disappears!) Our store (I'll call it that since we go there about every day for something to do) is no exception. I posted a picture like this on Instagram earlier this week:
The owner is really sweet to the all the kids I have seen come who patronize the place. He motioned to me whether he could show the boys something the other day; I am so happy I had my good camera to capture these moments! With a popsicle stick, he hand feeds his two (pet?) birds some type of paste. He showed Tucker how to do it and then allowed Tucker to do it himself! Hudson was mesmerized too.



Tucker looks like a model in these pictures!
ReplyDeleteThose small things will be big memories in the years to come. Sweet.
ReplyDelete