Tucker has blossomed socially over the past few months. He is quick to find friends his own size when the opportunity presents itself. On our boat ride back from the Mandarin orange picking island, he found a pair of kids to "talk" with. Naturally, the eclectic trio caught the attention of everyone on the boat's upper deck. The little girl and Tucker played with each other by mirroring the hand gestures of the other. Then the little boy just rambled on to T in Chinese and he looked up at me perplexed. Then the little boy loudly said, "Ting bu dong" (meaning you don't understand) and everyone laughed.
I just assumed that once we crossed back over the lake we would leave. It was a happy surprise that we were within walking distance of a little interactive village and temple. I will save you from some of my very favorite "touristy" pictures from our time with just a handful of ones with us in them (for the most part). It was a fantastic free day.
 |
| Ring three times making a wish. |
 |
| Too bad. I really like this one. |
 |
| Holly and I working the China ware. |
It is so beautiful to see Tucker making friends. We know he will be great at sharades (sp) when he gets older. And I see the smog covers the countryside as well. I guess I never would have thought about that aspect of your world.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I am so delighted to see an American friend on your journey with you. What a gift you must be for each other!!! Nice silk ware too :) Simply beautiful...
ReplyDelete