This blog was also written for IndyCar Mom HERE.
Well, we've been back from the IndyCar race at Pocono for about ten days and I think I am finally caught up on the laundry we took on vacation. Kidding. {Not really} This year's IndyCar race trip was a hot one. We went through the beautiful state of Pennsylvania, where people do not know how to merge, to the Tricky Triangle of the Pocono Raceway.
Somewhere in the middle of Ohio to entertain the kids, I busted out two new HotWheel IndyCars to add to their collection. The cars were Scott Dixon and Dario Franchitti; both respected drivers, but not in the elite level of "family favorites". Regardless, the kids loved their new cars and sound effects boomed from the backseat just loud enough to overcome the disgruntled underbreath curses of my DH as he maneuvered around the interstate traffic.
On the 4th of July they had a free track day that was poorly attended, but fortunate for us as we watched Andretti and company top speeds that we are use to at Indy. I was a bit concerned for the crowd at the actual race, but -alas- Sunday came and so did the people. It was a great turnout.
Upon reaching the track, we had a new pickle to contend with: they took away my sunscreen which was in an aerosol can. I am sure that there is a level of Motherhood preparedness which should have had me armed with a backup bottle, but I was dumbfounded. I guess some idiot decided to light a can of sunscreen on fire the day before at the $25 admission pole day. Therefore, making the person an idiot on two counts: one for paying $25 for what we saw for free a couple days prior and two for causing thousands to risk skin cancer on such a hot day.
I don't know if this level of "security" is going to pass on to other tracks, but I can not emphasize enough that it was ridiculously sunny and HOT race day and a bottle of sunscreen is NECESSARY equipment for all of us--- especially little kids. So, I may or may not have found a way to get said sunscreen into the track. Anyway, you heard it hear first: start packing sunscreen lotion from now on.
Turbo hit the theaters yesterday, did you go? The whole IndyCar fan village was hyped up for the little snail. My little race buddy had a great time with the options. That was really cool.
The race itself was uneventful minus the two crashes which took our some family favorites. Hudson was adorable with worry for daddy's favorite, James Hinchcliffe. And as I posted during the race, Takuma Sato's insane driving antics, while acceptable by Pennsylvania driver standards, were not welcomed as they wrecked Little Man's beloved Ryan Hunter-Reay.
All-in-all, Pocono was a success. Where will we road trip to next season?




No comments:
Post a Comment