Hudson started the age of 5 as all normal children do: he asked to discuss his new bedtime. I was told that five year olds should be allowed to stay up later than their little brothers. Where he heard this idea, I do not know. I assume it is as ingrained in his DNA as the immediate giggles of laughter that the new gift of a Whoopie Cushion created in my 2 year old. One "tooooot" of the gift had my boys (yes, all three of them: the 2 year old, the 5 year old, and the 37 year old) all laughing like...well, boys!
The birthday festivities are over now. We had decided our children would get "big" parties on their odd birthday years, and Hudson's open gym party with 18 of his closest compadres was a hit and included only one major injury of a fat lip.
Gifts for Hudson show the evolution of our days. Superheros and legos are now big hits. So are bug catchers, intergalactic warfare games, and more and more awesome cars. Alas, I am destined for a house of all things "BOY" for a long time. And as long as it is coupled with laughter, that is just fine.

No comments:
Post a Comment