Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Married with Children

Somewhere along Columbus Drive in Chicago walking to Sunday's Bears game I spied the giant spray of the Buckingham Fountain above the trees. You know the one iconically burned into our brains from all those episodes of Married with Children we never told anyone we watched? And so, it looked pretty, and we started to walk intentionally over to it.

It was around this time where the joke in my head I've got my Al Bundy, yada yada yada turned into "Eek!!! We ARE (indeed) married with children." When did that happen? How is it--more often than not--when I think of something being 10 years ago I think of just starting college or my first factory job or well, just about anything that actually happened 20 years ago.

Impossible I am on the doorstep of 40. Well, not impossible. But surprising. Probably about as surprising as the reality I did marry a slightly less offensive version of Al Bundy and I love him a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment