Monday, July 21, 2014

Luggage.

Pardon me if when I see you at the supermarket today I do not say goodbye.

I am over goodbyes.


OVER THEM.

As far as I can tell I have had the most appropriate goodbye with each of you since I learned-- five months ago tomorrow ---China was something more than a place halfway around the world.

Goodbyes are emotionally exhausting. Yeah, you are emotionally exhausted? You had to say goodbye to me? Well, I had to say goodbye to everyone. I. know. 

Wow. That sounded dramatic. Maybe Hudson does get that from me… anyway, it is a bit dramatic. And I was going to write a blog about all the stuff that I am packing.

You know that I have a well-documented list typed out. Of course, I do.

My living room is now just renamed Luggage Room for that is where the tower of suitcases sways. Eight suitcases. Four backpacks. Two small rolling carryons. Two car seats. Two kids. A stroller. A pair of parents that look a little excited/nervous/overwhelmed/anxious/shifty like most people who are from Logansport, Indiana, do. {wink}

I was going to share with you the list of all that is in those suitcases so you could see the things we have thought of. How prepared we are. But that is just a laugh. It is just a bunch of stuff to make us feel more at home. More like us. The way that your favorite sweatshirt can. It is a lot of sweatshirts!

But there is even more.

You see-- in addition to all the luggage you see sitting in that living room, there is more. I am carrying you to China with me. The love. The late night texts. The support. The emails. The party you came to or threw for us before we left. The glass(es) of wine we have shared where you have listened to me rant about this reality. I am taking all that with me to China.

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment