Friday, September 12, 2014

Ocean World

I had a rough end to last week; personally, I had a very "China" day a week ago today where I felt very frustrated and stressed with the language barrier and this drop in my overall strength and resolve to maintain my "stiff upper lip" served as a gateway for my first real sickness since we got here. Josh came down sick too and we spent most of the weekend coughing, cursing our itchy ears, and wishing that our boys would let us sleep. So, this week, I decided to live like a tourist. I treated this apartment like a hotel and did minimal cleaning, laundry, and cooking.
Hence, this week was great! Never mind the piles of dirty clothes and dishes around!

Blond Ambition Tour (with our new friends Aeden and Clark)
Hudson has been working on joint constant sounds like sh, wh, ph and such, so we used that as our segue into going to see fiSH, doPHins, WHales, and SHarks. Wuhan's Polar Ocean World was a fantastic outing. In fact, it might be my favorite thing we have done thus far!  Here are just a handful of our pictures from the day (with caption commentary, of course). We will definitely be going back again.

I was crazy excited to see beluga whales seeing that I lived on Beluga Lane!
"When did you live on Beluga Lane, Mama?"
(Mental math) (Huge gulp) "Fourteen years ago!"

Mesmerized by the jellies

So was I!

This tunnel was the absolute bomb. We were so close to so many different species of fish.
The boys absolutely loved it.

Stingray as big as your kitchen table.

Oh yes, we are still in China.


Sharks, Mom!

He does not know it but sea turtles were my "happy place" to focus on during contractions when I was in labor.

Why, hi there, mister.

I think this looks like hotel art. Maybe I should sell it.

I adored this theme park because they had SO MANY cool places to take your kid's picture! Isn't this cute?!?

I've sunk to a new low: posting pictures of a dolphin show. Well, that is because it kicked butt!
Seriously people riding whales and dolphins. #youcantseethatinIndiana


My gorgeous babies and their two new stuffed animals.  Thanks Aunt Ashlee
and Uncle Matt, I told them you sent them birthday money! :)

4 comments:

  1. What a great place! Perfect 'School Trip'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I want to go. I love the little jellies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think all your pictures are art worthy! You know how to capture the moment :)

    ReplyDelete