Thursday, December 4, 2014

Friendsgiving

Holly and I decided that we needed to attempt a traditional Thanksgiving meal. Cooking without my oven (and every other piece of beloved kitchen equipment) has been hard, so going for the big T-day meal felt like a challenge on Survivor. I mean, I did mash the potatoes with an oyster sauce bottle wrapped in plastic! We shopped at the local market, METRO (the huge import store), Shino (French bakery), and our local grocery store. (God bless the fact that I have a driver!) The stupid induction heat range shut itself off continually during our cooking process, but she and I together were able to piece together a handful of familiar foods.

Our menu: brioche (from bakery), mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy, mushroom dressing (made in a rice cooker), stir fried green beans and onions, soy glazed carrots (these were awesome), individual apple pie tarts with caramel sauce and chocolate no bake cookies.

Hudson and Tucker were so excited for "our party" and helped set the table. It will be a meal that I will never forget.


2 comments:

  1. I am happy you all celebrated. You have so much to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great menu! And love these two pictures more than I can express. I'll have to try your mashing technique to get the full effect. :)

    ReplyDelete