On the night before Little Man's birth in August 2008, I started this written and photographic history of his life, a modern baby book, if you will. In July 2011 I was blessed with another son. Hopefully, this record will help the memories squashed by "Mama Mushbrain" live on forever.
Thursday, December 18, 2014
My life defined.
I am grateful for this image Holly took of us walking down the street in Lushan. And yet it almost takes my breath away. It really says it all. This defines the core of our China life: constant attention, continual curiosity, and lack of anonymity. I look at this and feel my blood pressure rise as my protective mother bear instincts surface. This image acts as a photographic evidence as why I knew we could not ultimately choose to live here permanently. The End.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ed said he doesn't understand what the big deal is with these people crowding around you. He just got done shopping at Walmart and had to push them out of the way to get food off the shelves.😉
ReplyDeleteYou are all just so beautiful, they can't keep their hands off of you. I'm ready for you to reclaim some anonymity!
ReplyDelete