Thursday, February 7, 2013

Because I can

A couple of weeks ago I took the kids to Columbus, Ohio, by myself, for a three day get-away. Notice I did not use the word "vacation" like my almost-brother-in-law erroneously suggested. If you have ever taken two kids ANYWHERE you know it is not a vacation...least of all a hotel for multiple nights and a friend's home another! Tucker has evidence of bumps and bruises to prove that he was on no vacation.

I don't want to be crippled through these little guys early years thinking about all I can not do. Rather, I know that I can raise adaptable, well-behaved new people by taking them into a variety of situations. Even if it means that I taken them myself.

This week I realized I have never taken them to lunch anywhere but a fast food restaurant, so on our way to T's doctor appointment and Hudson's fish store visit, we visited Johnny Carino's for lunch. We spent $3 more than we would have at McDaddy's, ate better, and received more than adequate attention for our good behavior! It was fun.

I could never be a single mother; I am not saying that. I need Josh's support pretty much the instant he crosses the threshold of the back door, but I do like proving to myself that I can handle this!

No comments:

Post a Comment