Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Report card

Hudson has been receiving these monthly progress reports on his readiness for kindergarten. I guess counting to 100 without error is on the list. This is definitely one of those parenting moments where I have to just shut my mouth because I know he can count to 100, but he has to do it in front of his teacher for it to "matter." The first month (September) he got to 20.

Okay, no problem. He will be a puppet and do it correctly.

This month he got to 40. However, the comment made by his teacher on the progress report define him PERFECTLY. If you know Hudson at all, you will know how totally freaking hilarious and accurate this is to his personality.


4 comments:

  1. I would hate to be the teacher on assessment day! Can you imagine having to listen to a bunch of kiddos count to 100!! I will stick with middle school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Counting to 100 seems more about their ability to focus than their ability to count. I know K can do it too but its rare to hear it done as she gets bored with numbers or distracted by something more interesting before she gets all the way there. Pretty cool that you get monthly progress reports. I'm getting impatient for our conference in November to see how she's doing at school.

    ReplyDelete